- Employment Income
- Proof of Down Payment & Sources
- Your Financial Information
- New Property Information
- Additional Resources
Below you will find a variety of required documentation we need in order to complete & process your financing application whether it's for a new mortgage, refinancing an existing mortgage or a pre-approval mortgage application. Mortgage & Lending Requirements Checklist.
You will also find several spreadsheets, agreements & forms that may help you on your home purchasing journey including Net Worth Assessment Spreadsheet, Agreement of Purchase & Sale (PDF), Projected Annual & Monthly Expenses Spreadsheets, Residential Tenancy Agreement, etc.
If at any point should you have any questions, please contact me directly @ (250) 300-4845
Once you have gathered your information please Contact Us to arrange a pickup time or secure digital upload.
Employment & Income
- Current pay stub (Minimum 45 days old).
- T1 General Income Tax Returns (2 Most recent).
- CRA Notice of assessment (2 Most recent).
Proof of Down Payment & Sources
- Savings and or Investment account(s) statement from the past 90 days.
- To use an RRSP withdrawal as a downpayment for your home you will need:
- Documentation related to withdrawing money through the Home Buyers' Plan
- To use a cash gift as a down payment for your home will need:
- Gift Letter from the donor confirming the amount & the gift is free & clear of any repayment terms.
- If your down payment is from the sale of an existing home, you will need:
Your Financial Information
- Current liabilities, debts, savings & assets. Net Worth Assessment - (Google Sheet)
- Up to date Credit Report/Score - In order to run this we will need:
- Signed & Dated Credit Report Authorization Consent Form.
- Government-issued photo ID.
New Property Information
- Signed & Dated Agreement of Purchase & Sale (Download PDF).
- Property tax assessment (Most recent).
- Will contain "Properties Legal Address" needed.
- Will contain "Square footage & lot size" needed
- Your lawyers' information (Name, Email, Address, Phone & Fax).
- A copy of the real estate listing.
- Projected annual expenses(Property taxes, heating cost estimates) Projected Annual Expenses (Google Sheet).
- Projected monthly expenses (Strata fees, condo fees) Projected Monthly Expenses (Google Sheet).
- Properties not on municipal sewer & water will require "Well & Septic Certificates".
Additional Resources (Not Required)
- Household Budget - (Google Sheet).
- Residential Tenancy Agreements & Forms.